Is chili made with or without beans? That is one question that is nearly as divisive as politics and religion. We’re not sure there’s a right or wrong answer to this question, but we do prefer our chili with beans….lots of beans!
I grew up in a household where chili was bean-less and more like sloppy joes. Mom often served it with cornbread and we’d eat it like it was our last meal. But, when we moved south I was introduced to chili with beans, Frito pies and hot dogs smothered in chili. My life has never been the same since.
If you’re on “Team Chili With Beans” you’ll enjoy this simple recipe that you can have on the table in 30 minutes or less. Two pounds of lean ground beef, taco seasoning and ten cans (technically 9 cans and a jar) of chili fixin’s, are all that’s needed to make this tasty meal. Serve with cheese, sour cream, corn chips, or whatever your little heart desires.
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 – 15.5. oz cans mixed chili beans in mild sauce
- 1 – 8.5 oz jar salsa casera
- 2 – 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 – 4 oz can hot diced green chiles
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans beef broth
- 2 – 1 oz packets chili seasoning
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown ground beef. Drain off any fat and return to heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with corn chips, cheese and sour cream.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie