One-pot dinners are all the rage and with good reason! The only thing better than a home-cooked meal is not having to spend an hour washing dishes afterwards.
We’ve created a quick and simple one-pot recipe perfect for those nights when you you don’t want to slave over a stove cooking or spend a lot of time afterward cleaning up. One-Pot Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole requires few ingredients, but is chock full of south of the border flavor! Everything I needed to make this tasty casserole was already in my pantry so there was no last-minute run to the store for dinner groceries. And, this was a great way to use up some of the ingredients that had been hanging out in the fridge and pantry for awhile.
Some of my crew spooned the casserole in a flour tortilla and rolled it up for a dynamite burrito experience. But, my favorite way to enjoy it is straight out of the pan with a side of tortilla chips and salsa. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
ONE-POT MEXICAN CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Sour cream
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast pieces and season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute rice until it is just beginning to turn light brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, broth, and taco seasoning. Stir until well combined. Place chicken pieces on top and cover. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is tender about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top and cover until cheese is melted. Serve topped with remaining cheese, fresh tomatoes, green onions, and tortilla chips.
- NOTE: Rotisserie chicken can be used in place of raw chicken. If using rotisserie chicken, skip step 1.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie