Few things are more comforting than a piping hot casserole fresh out of the oven. During a time when it seems that comfort foods are more comforting than ever, we wanted to make a hot dish that incorporated the flavors of some of our favorite main dishes like pizza and lasagna.
Made with a combination of ground beef, spicy sausage, and three kinds of cheese, this casserole has a flavorful kick reminiscent of our favorite homemade lasagna. But, we think the gooey mozzarella cheese and pepperoni topping is what puts this dish over the top!
Everybody in our kitchen went crazy for Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Casserole so it will be finding a permanent place on our menu. Give it a try yourself and let us know what you think!
PEPPERONI PIZZA LASAGNA CASSEROLE
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Servings: 12
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. (16 oz) rotini pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Hot ground sausage
- 1 heaping Tablespoon minced dried onions (or 1 small white onion, diced)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 – 24-ounce jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 oz) package pepperoni
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in ground beef, sausage, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring often until meat is browned. Remove from heat and drain. Stir in pasta sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Add the cooked pasta and stir well to coat. Pour pasta into a large casserole dish. Top with meat sauce and spread evenly over the pasta.
- Top with half of the pepperoni slices, then mozzarella, and remaining pepperoni slices. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Remove from oven and top with additional shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie