It’s pumpkin season and we’re all about those fall flavors. There’s something nostalgic and comforting about the taste and the smells of the season, so we’ve been in the kitchen cooking up some fantastic new treats to help us (and you) get in the fall spirit.
One of our favorite go-to desserts is this self-saucing pumpkin pecan cobbler. A dense cake mix is spread in the bottom of a baking dish then topped with a pecan and brown sugar topping. Boiling apple cider is poured over the mixture before it is baked. The result is a tender, moist cobbler with a luscious caramel sauce that settles on the bottom. Top the cobbler with vanilla ice cream then spoon the sauce on top.
If you want to kick it up a notch, swap out 1/2 cup of the apple cider with your favorite adult beverage. We prefer Fireball or bourbon for this particular recipe. But, you might opt to enjoy a shot on the side because this recipe is amazing as is. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN PECAN COBBLER
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cobbler Ingredients:
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups spiced apple cider, heated to boiling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch casserole dish.
- Make topping: In a separate bowl, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar and chopped pecans. Spread evenly over batter. Pour hot cider over the topping and DO NOT STIR.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie