If you could eat only one meal every day for the rest of you life, what would it be? Ours would be a toss up between chips & queso and pizza. But, we’re pretty sure chips & queso would win when it came down to it. Let’s be honest….is there anything better than a great queso?
Whether you like queso from your local Mexican restaurant or prefer a classic family recipe, the Country Rebel kitchen has dreamed up a cheese dip that wouldn’t be afraid to take them all on in a queso challenge. So what makes our queso better than yours? We cover all the bases by loading ours with beans, corn, sausage, onions and tomatoes and Velveeta queso blanco and we smoke it on the grill before serving. The result is a queso that we couldn’t stop eating, and you won’t be able to either!
Campfire Queso isn’t only for the campfire! While we think it tastes better eaten under a canopy of trees in the great outdoors, it’s mighty tasty as a party food, appetizer, or as a stand-alone meal.
It’s important to note that we used a hot sausage and chili-ready black beans. The combination of both give this queso so much flavor that no extra spices and seasonings are needed. Check out the recipe below and give it a try! Don’t have a grill? Just bake in the oven at the same temp for the same amount of time. Enjoy!
COWBOY CAMPFIRE QUESO
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 32 oz. Velveeta Queso Blanco (white Velveeta), diced
- 1 lb. hot ground sausage, browned
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 10 oz. bag frozen sweet corn
- 15.5 oz. can chili-ready black beans in mild chili sauce (do not drain!)
- 10 oz. can Ro-tel (do not drain!)
- Preheat grill to 300 degrees F.
- Layer all of the ingredients in an aluminum casserole pan (or cast iron dutch oven).
- Cook in preheated grill for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are tender.
- Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- NOTE: And, in case you’re wondering, yes…this can be made over an open campfire. Just add all the ingredients to a cast iron dutch oven or skillet and heat, stirring often, until the onions are tender and the cheese is melted.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie