There’s no comfort food quite like a casserole, and our Cracked Out Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole checks all the boxes. It’s simple, quick to throw together and full of flavor that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Tater tot casseroles have been around nearly as long as the tater tot itself.
Known for their simplicity, the tot-based entree is a go-to for busy moms, Sunday potluck goers, or just someone who loves good old-fashioned comfort food.
Truly one of the best (and the most simple) casserole around, Cracked Out Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole is a delightful and delicious twist on one of our favorite comfort foods. Bacon, ranch and chicken make this dish truly addictive, hence the term “cracked out.”
Almost no prep is necessary for this easy-peasy dinner idea. It can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for a few weeks, making it a meal that will quickly become a family favorite. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Cracked Out Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 – 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 oz. package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3 oz. bag bacon pieces (or 3/4 cup chopped bacon)
- 2 lb. bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together soup and sour cream until smooth. Add dressing mix and milk. Mix well. Stir in bacon and chicken.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line with frozen tater tots. Spread cream mixture over the tater tots and top with cheddar cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. ENJOY!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie
[…] Cracked Out Cowboy Tater Tot Casserole […]