The recipe name speaks for itself. Happy Hubby Casserole has most of the things anyone with a hearty appetite will appreciate: Meat, potatoes, veggies, cheese, a creamy sauce and a whole lot of flavor!
This hotdish is our twist on the classic John Wayne Casserole….that alone should be enough to bring a smile to any casserole lover’s face. But, add the fact that it can be in the oven in less than 15 minutes and on the table ready to eat in only 45 minutes, this dish is sure to become a family favorite whether you’re cooking the meal or eating it.
A saucy base layered made up of lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and cheese is topped with a layer of tater tots, brushed with a generous coat of garlic butter then topped with more cheese before it is baked. No side dish is required for this all-in-one meal that you’ll be making again and again.
Check out the recipe for Happy Hubby Casserole below!
HAPPY HUBBY CASSEROLE
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 12
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 2 cups canned fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 32 oz. frozen tater tots
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain and return to heat.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder and cumin. Stir and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, sour cream and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir until cheese and sour cream are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with a layer of tater tots.
- Stir together the melted butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush garlic butter over tater tots then top with remaining cheese. Garnish with parsley, if desired, then bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie
[…] HAPPY HUBBY CASSEROLE from COUNTRY REBEL RECIPES […]