Enchiladas are one of those go-to dishes that are great for a family dinner, a potluck, or a quick throw-together for last-minute dinner guests. This recipe has been a family staple for decades and always pleases kids and adults alike.
Loaded with shredded chicken and cheese, these enchiladas are smothered in a cheese sauce that is good enough to eat on its own! We most often cook a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the instant pot before shredding, but have been known to grab a rotisserie chicken at the local supermarket on those busy days when we need to get dinner on the table fast.
We prefer using colby-jack in these super cheesy enchiladas, but don’t be afraid to switch it up with some cheddar or straight up Monterey jack. No matter how you make these, you can’t go wrong.
EASY CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 – 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″x13″ casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, 2 cups colby-jack and the taco seasoning.
- Place chicken mixture across the center of each tortilla (each should have approximately a heaping 1/4 cup of filling). Roll up the enchiladas and place in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute or until mixture is bubbly. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Add sour cream and chiles and cook, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and pour over enchiladas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1 cup cheese and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until edges begin to bubble. Enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie