Next to Christmas, our favorite season is soup season. We have our crock pots and soup pots at the ready and plan to make the most of the cooler temps with recipes to warm our hearts. We think you’ll agree that this year has left us needing comfort food more than ever, and what’s more comforting than a hot bowl of hearty soup?
Be warned. The soup recipe we’re sharing today isn’t for the calorie conscious. But, if you’re looking for a flavorful soup packed with meat and veggies, this is it.
We took our favorite Hamburger Soup recipe and added three different kinds of cheeses. Yep…you read that right. THREE CHEESES! Although it’s arguable whether or not Velveeta is actually cheese, for the sake of this recipe we’re going to count it as a cheese. We’ve also added cream cheese and colby jack. The end result was a beef and veggie loaded soup with a rich cheesy broth. A little bit of this goes a long way and will warm you to the core. Serve topped with sour cream and croutons or alongside a fresh slice of homemade bread. You can’t go wrong no matter how you eat it!
3-CHEESE CHEESEBURGER SOUP
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby potatoes, quartered
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 pound (1/2 package) Velveeta, cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper, as needed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain and set aside in a separate bowl. Return pan to heat.
- Add butter and heat until melted. Add onion, carrots, celery and Italian seasoning. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Add potatoes, broth and cooked ground beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and roughly 1/4 cup of the milk. Whisk until smooth. Stir into simmering soup.
- Add remaining milk, Velveeta, colby-jack and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Serve immediately!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie