What says “I love southern food” more than peaches and flaky biscuits? We’ve created a recipe that includes some of our favorite southern comfort foods….shortcakes (aka sweet biscuits) and peaches cooked in a caramel sauce. But, it’s not just any caramel sauce. Our caramel sauce features a cinnamon-y kick from Fireball Whisky. But, Fireball isn’t a must for this recipe. Make it breakfast and kid-friendly by preparing it sans Fireball.
All of the elements of this recipe are great on their own or used for other desserts. The shortcakes can be topped with just about any fresh fruit or sauce, and the peaches are incredible served warm over a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream. We’ve also been known to throw a small handful of candied pecans on top for some extra flair.
We think you’ll agree that the star of this recipe show is caramelized peaches that are served over piping hot fresh biscuits and topped with fresh whipped cream. The result is a comfort food dessert unlike anything you’ve ever had before. Enjoy!
Fireball Peaches & Cream Shortcakes
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Persons: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 16-ounce bag frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup Fireball Whisky, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch Old-Fashioned Butter Biscuits (recipes at the link below)
- Whipped cream
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add peaches and stir to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until peaches are tender.
- Stir in Fireball, ground cinnamon and salt. Continue to simmer until sauce begins to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Serve over biscuits and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
FIND OUR RECIPE FOR OLD-FASHIONED BUTTER BISCUITS (SKY HIGH BISCUITS) HERE: https://countryrebelrecipes.com/old-fashioned-butter-biscuits/
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie