If you ask us it’s always pie season and we don’t need a holiday excuse to dig into all of our favorites. And pie isn’t what it used to me. We can now enjoy it in many forms…..hand pie, mini-pie, pie on a stick…the possibilities are endless. We took some inspiration from one of the most popular recipes of recent years and made an old-fashioned pecan pie in the form of an irresistible truffle.
The best part about these treats is that there is no oven required. Can’t bake? No problem! Don’t want a sink full of dishes to wash after making dessert? We’ve got you covered! The hardest part about making these truffles is waiting to eat them. But, be prepared. When they are ready to eat, you won’t be able to eat just one. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Pecan Pie Truffles
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Persons: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 oz. white melting wafers or dark chocolate melting wafers
- coarse salt or additional pecans for garnish
- Stir together chopped pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt. Add syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla. Stir well. Add butter and stir again. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Shape into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a parchment or waxed paper covered baking sheet. Place in freezer for at least one hour.
- Place melting wafers in microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth. Dip frozen balls into the chocolate, place on baking sheet and top with desired garnish.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie