Have you ever tried putting peanuts in your soft drink? If not, you’re missing out! Some folks opt for adding salted peanuts to Coca-Cola. Others opt for Dr. Pepper, but our personal favorite is Pepsi. Take a few drinks of the soda before adding the peanuts, then enjoy the sweet and salty deliciousness!
Nobody knows exactly where the idea of putting peanuts in soft drinks came from, but some claim it dates back almost 100 years. “I’ve heard stories of busy Southern farmers who didn’t have time to break for lunch and would eat this on their tractors while in the field,” food publication Serious Eats claims.
The flavor pairing is so incredible that it has inspired numerous recipes, and we’ve jumped on the bandwagon by developing our own Pepsi & Peanut Ice Cream. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s simple and doesn’t require an ice cream freezer! You can also swap out Pepsi for your soft drink of choice.
Get the recipe for Pepsi & Peanut No-Churn Ice Cream below. Scroll down to watch a video of us making this tasty summer treat.
PEPSI & PEANUT NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- Prep time: 6 hours
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 cans Pepsi (or your favorite soft drink)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring Pepsi to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until Pepsi has been reduced to approximately 1/2 cup. Set aside to cool.
- (NOTE: You can speed up the cooling process by placing the Pepsi syrup in the freezer for 15 minutes.)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat whipped cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and Pepsi syrup.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the Pepsi mixture. Add 3/4 cup of the peanuts and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and fold until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and top with remaining peanuts and salt. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie