Chocolate chip cookies and Jack Daniel’s? Say it ain’t so! If there ever was a perfect southern snack, this just might be it. We’ve taken our favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies and topped them with a Jack Daniel’s chocolate ganache and crushed pretzels. These oversized cookies are just the right size for our adult appetite, but we have been known to eat more than one at a sitting.
You may be asking what the secret is to the perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookie. Two factors can almost always guarantee a perfect result: Melted butter and baking the cookie just until the edges are set. When the cookies are removed from the oven they will continue to bake for a minute or so until they are set in the center. We hope you love these decadent goodies as much as we do!
CHEWY TENNESSEE WHISKEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- For Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce bag Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- For Whiskey Frosting:
- 2/3 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- Crushed pretzels for topping
- For Cookies:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop, measure out cookies and place on prepared baking sheets. Use your fingers to flatten the dough slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or just until edges are set and are lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking racks while you prepare the frosting.
- NOTE: Don’t place cookies too close together on the baking sheet or they will run together!
- The key to chewy cookies is to avoid over-baking them! They will continue to set up after they are removed from the oven.
- For Frosting:
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk in the butter until melted. Add the cream and Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, stirring until smooth.
- Immediately spoon frosting over cooled cookies. Top with crushed pretzels and allow to set. Enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie