I’m a sucker for good queso, especially when it’s loaded with spinach and artichokes. Some of my favorite queso comes from Chili’s and other chain restaurants in our neck of the woods. So, I got to thinking….what would happen if I took some of the most popular copycat spinach queso recipes on the internet and meshed them to make the ultimate spinach queso recipe?
The result was everything I dreamed it would be. Well, almost everything. It would fulfill all of my chips and dip dreams if there were such thing as a healthy queso that tasted like it was just made in a restaurant kitchen. But, since I’m not too concerned about calorie count (even if I should be), I went all in on this recipe. Let me tell you, it was so worth it!
Before I got started, I researched the best copycat recipes for Applebee’s Spinach Artichoke Dip, Olive Garden Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Cheddar’s Spinach Dip, and Chili’s White Spinach Queso. I found the recipes with the best reviews, took the best parts of each recipe and combined them into one recipe. For instance, one of the copycats called for a jar of alfredo sauce. Others used a variety of cheeses from Mozzarella to Romano. All of the recipes called for cream cheese, so that was a no-brainer.
All of the ingredients are combined in one bowl then spooned into a baking dish. The mess is minimal with this recipe, so cleanup is a breeze. I baked it in my cast iron skillet, but feel free to use a disposable aluminum baking pan for even less mess.
While the recipe I came up with can easily be baked in the oven, I baked mine in my Traeger and left the cast iron skillet uncovered to incorporate some smoky taste. I would highly recommend this option if you have a grill or smoker!
Give the recipe below a try and let us know what you think!
ULTIMATE Restaurant Spinach Queso
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounce bag frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and patted dry)
- 10 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, finely shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F.
- Add cheese and alfredo sauce to a medium bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until well combined.
- Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning and beat again until combined.
- Fold in spinach, artichokes, Italian cheese blend and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese until well incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Bake in preheated oven or grill for 20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from heat and top with reserved 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Return to heat for 10 minutes or until cheese on top is melted. Top with pico de gallo and guacamole, if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, crackers or toasted bread.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie