Sometimes we just need a quick donut fix. And sometimes going to the local donut shop isn’t an option. We have a soft spot for maple bars around here, so were thrilled when we discovered this recipe for 15-Minute Maple Bars from Butter With a Side of Bread.
It’s a well known secret that deep-fried refrigerated biscuit dough makes great donuts in a pinch, but we never thought about make them into maple bars. While these bars are fried in oil, they are just as tasty cooked in an air fryer, and it’s so much easier to clean up. To make these in an air fryer, preheat the fryer to 350 degrees F. Spray the basket of the fryer with oil spray and place donuts in a single layer in the basket. Spray the donuts with oil and cook at 350 until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
We may or may not keep a can or two of biscuits around in case of sudden donut cravings. These maple bars are a quick, easy and inexpensive way to take care of any urgent donut needs. Give them a try by finding the exact recipe measurements here.
15-Minute Maple Bars
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Yield: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- Pillsbury Grand Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits
- canola oil for frying
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
- maple extract
- powdered sugar
- Pour canola oil into a medium saucepan and heat on medium-low heat.
- Separate biscuits and stretch into a bar shape.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add milk and whisk for about 5 minutes, or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in corn syrup and maple extract. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until smooth between additions.
- Keep maple glaze warm on the stove, whisking occasionally until ready to use.
- Once oil has reached 350 degrees F, drop bars in 2 at a time. Let cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until bars are golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Dip each bar and place glazed side up on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie