Sandwiches haven’t been the same since King’s Hawaiian introduced their incomparable sweet rolls hit supermarket shelves. The tasty bread quickly went from being a dinner side dish to being the star of the dinner table when they were converted into hot ham & cheese sandwiches.
In the years since, King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls have been used as the base for some of our favorite sandwiches and sliders including beef & cheddar, meatball, bacon cheeseburger, and even cuban sandwiches. But, Country Rebel Recipes thought that one recipe was missing.
Lasagna Sliders are an out-of-the-box mash-up of a lazy man’s lasagna and garlic bread. Loaded with cheesy, buttery goodness, these simple sandwiches can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
Hawaiian Sweet Roll Lasagna Sliders
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Yield: 24 Sliders
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 family-sized package of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls (24)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground hot sausage
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups small cured cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice dinner rolls in half horizontally. Remove tops and set aside. Spread 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella on bottom half of rolls. Place under oven broiler until cheese has melted and is just beginning to bubble. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook sausage until brown. Stir in spaghetti sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, cottage cheese, and 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- To assemble, spread 1/3 of the sauce over the bottom layer of rolls. Top with 3 lasagna noodles and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat with meat, noodles, cheese, and meat. Place top half of rolls on top.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush butter on top of rolls. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
- NOTE: These sandwiches are a breeze to cook on the grill! Just place on a baking sheet and wrap in foil. Then heat until cheese is melted and bubbly.
30-Minute Skillet Gnocchi Lasagna
ULTIMATE Copycat Restaurant Spinach Queso
How to Make Crack BLT Skillet Totchos
How To Make Lunch Lady Brownies
How To Make Ranch Style JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
You Can Make Whipped Hot Chocolate...Three Ways!
How to Make Honeycomb Toffee (aka Sponge Candy)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Divinity
Johnny Cash's Mom's Pineapple Pie